Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Where Have I Learned & Lived?...

                                                                   Source: satyaistruth.tumblr.com via Belinda on Pinterest



This week I'm doing Susan Piver's transitioning into 2012 personal reflections. Each day you receive a question or set of questions via email to reflect upon and I thought I'd share my first reflections. 


Question 1: Where have I learned and lived in 2011? In my head, in my body, or both? What would living more fully in my body in 2012 bring to me? How can I embody life and learning as I move through this liminal space between now and next? How can I more fully learn from the neck down in 2012?


My learning and living in 2011 has definitely taken place in my head. Just about every intuitive I've ever been to has told me I am too logical and always in my head (which I am completely aware of myself), and this year was no exception. At times I have felt that the being in my head would drive me mad and that I would never get out of it. And when you are in your head all of, or most of the time, its just exhausting. I have very rarely felt that I had a sense of ease or space this year because of it. 


Living more fully in my body in 2012 would bring me a deeper understanding of  myself. A connection that would allow me to make choices from my heart, to follow my intuition, to truly feel my emotions and what is going on around and in me. It would release me from the feeling of fear that often stalks me  and which is completely driven by over- thinking. Living more fully in my body would allow me to know myself more fully, which would, in turn, allow others to see and know the authentic 'me'. Perhaps this is why I don't currently feel I know who the 'real me' is, because you can never truly know who you are when you are living primarily in your head. 


I can live and learn more fully from the neck down in 2012 by setting aside time to meditate, do yoga and exercise. And I intend to do this from a place of desire and fun, as opposed to 'forcing' or 'guilting' myself into it. Running and playing field hockey allow me to get the endorphins flowing and appreciate what my body is capable of. For that time that I am engaged in the activity, particularly when I'm playing hockey, its a great way to get out of my head and to just be in the moment. Completely focusing on what my body is doing. For me, practicing yoga at home is when I really feel like I'm making an effort for myself. I can set up things just how I like them, have a candle burning and only focus on myself. Time that is carved out for myself to make my body feel good always has a positive effect on my mental state. And finally, I'm going to use meditation to quiet my mind and to connect it with my body. It really is impossible to know what's going on inside when there is no stillness or space in your day. 


It is my intention that by doing these things I will be able to re-connect with myself and the world around me, which would be a wonderful space to be in for 2012..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...