Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday Soul: Where Have You Been Hiding?...



In what way have I been living in the shadows in 2011? How might my life change if I came out into the light in 2012? What strengths could I discover and share if I gave up hiding my weaknesses?


If I were to be completely honest, it feels as though 2011 was all about me living in the shadows. This was pretty much self-induced after I spent much of 2010 doing the exact opposite. With my separation and much scrutiny at my then work, I wanted to disappear. To almost be a recluse so I could recover, lick my wounds and work out how to engage with the world again. It was obviously something I felt I needed, this self-induced isolation, but I am definitely ready to find and step into my light again. There is a need to be bright and shine and the more I deny it, the more I lose my spirit. To the point where I lose touch with who I really am and what I can bring to the world.


If I come into the light in 2012 I have no doubt that I will be a happier person. I will have a renewed enthusiasm for my life and will feel as though I am making a contribution to the world. Whenever I have decided to shine my light in my life, I have attracted the people and things to me that have enriched my life beyond measure and its time to do this again. By stepping into the light I will rediscover what fills my tank. And in turn, this will allow me to fill the tank of others. I will be living a truly authentic life, where what is on the inside is reflected on the outside. My actions and my world will be in sync.


I will re-discover my strengths of leadership, compassion, love, inspiration, enthusiasm, self-love, resilience, fun, humour and connectedness. I will also learn new things about myself to help me evolve as a person and understand yet another aspect of myself. I will leave the fear behind and know that, yes, even though I may be scared of being knocked down again and that I won't bounce back if I do, past experience has shown that I can and do bounce back and I have a strength and determination that enables me to handle whatever comes my way. The emptiness I feel and the 'nothingness' I experience as a result of hiding away and playing small is way worse than the feeling of throwing myself into life or playing big and not making it.


Its time to let my light shine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...