Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Soul: Disconnected, Connected...

                                                             Source: blueskybutterflystudio.blogspot.com via Belinda on Pinterest


On Thursday I was sitting outside during my lunch break and felt the need to write. I was feeling really 'blah' and couldn't think of any other way to get rid of those feelings. So i just started writing and this is what came out:

Feeling really disconnected from people. And it hit me like a tonne of bricks last night. I realised how much time I spend trying to fill my own tank and just being on my own in general. I know the only solution is to ask for what I need but right now I'm just sick of that. It would be nice, just for one day, to have someone else around who recognises what I need and be there to fill my tank without me searching for it or asking for it. 


I didn't talk to anyone about this and then as I was driving later that night I got a call from my sister Lauren and her first words were "I'm calling to see how you're doing." She could not have anticipated how much those words meant to me at that time and how much they filled my heart and made me feel connected again. Thank you Lauren.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...