Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday Soul: Kisses From Katie...

I've been searching for the past few days for some new books to add to my 'must read' list. I came across a description of a book called "Kisses From Katie" and I watched the video that has been made to promote and explain the book. I may or may not read the book, but regardless, I was blown away by the compassion, courage, maturity and faith of someone so young. I greatly admire anyone who receives a calling to do something and who follows through with it, especially when faced with opposition from their families and/or the society they were raised in (I will clarify that Katie's Christian beliefs obviously tie in with her doing missionary work, but to do it in Uganda and run an orphanage was not what her parents and friends had in mind for her). A very inspiring young lady......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...