Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Break Time...

                                                                           Source: weheartit.com via Belinda on Pinterest


Today my thoughts are with the two week break that is before me. Up until now, I really hadn't given much thought to what I would do. It feels a bit strange to me since this time last year and the year before I was working in the wonderful world of retail and had Christmas Day off and that was about it. I'm not going away anywhere but I don't want the time to whiz by and feel at the end of this that I blinked and missed it, without doing anything. So I think its time to do a brainstorm of things I would like to do. Things that will enable me to enjoy myself, have fun, fill my own tank, rest, relax and restore myself before its time to go back to work.


  • Read, read, read: Nothing spells holidays to me more than just lounging about reading. I'm going to line myself up with a stack of books and go for broke.
  • Swim in the ocean: I definitely feel the need to be near the water. Not necessarily because I'm a beach lover or anything but I feel like it will wash away any old or negative energy and being in nature is also what I need right now. 
  • Move my body: Whether its running, weights or even walking I need to get the endorphins going. I've slackened off in the past few weeks due to the craziness of the silly season but its time to get that exercise high back.
  • Be still: For one hour each day (well the days where I don't have Bailey at least) I want to be completely still. So rarely do we just 'be' without a task or purpose or expectation. I may meditate or simply lie down and listen to some relaxing music, but whatever I'm doing I'm going to be still!
  • Go on a road trip: This will most likely just be a day thing but I want to just get out of the city at least once and just drive. Maybe down the South Coast?
  • Do what needs to be done: Each day I'm going to do one thing I have been putting off. Having things hanging over your head is such a drain on your energy and we all end up with them. For me it is doing a thorough clean out of my house. I want to re-arrange the furniture in my bedroom to release stale energy and have a fresh feel. I also want to go through Bailey's clothes and toys and get rid of what we don't need anymore. Thinking of doing it all at once makes me want to turn and run, but if I break it down into little tasks it should be manageable. 
  • Nap, nap, nap: There is nothing better than being able to have a nap, when you want and for however long you want. So i fully intend to do that and enjoy every minute of it.
I'm sure I'll think of some other things but for now that seems like a good list. My main focus is relaxation and enjoying each moment so that I can start 2012 and the new work year refreshed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...