Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: A Letter To My Boy...

Dear Bailey,


I know you probably get sick of hearing me say this but 'I love you more than the whole wide world'. I say it so much that I must sound like a broken record. But I am compelled to say it over and over again. Because if I don't, there may be a minute that goes by where you don't feel it, hear it or know it and I couldn't let this happen. I am amazed by you every day. By the things you say and do and what you learn and the effect you have on the people around you. By the effect that you have on me - how you make the world a better place by being in it and me a better person by being your mother. I may make mistakes and not always know what I'm doing but I want you to know that with every ounce of my being I am making decisions with your best interest at heart. You are my 'be all and end all'. The most precious gift I have ever been given.


When you ask me 'Mummy, are you proud of me?' it almost makes me cry to think that you even need to ask me that. Firstly because you are so small and you ask such a question and secondly, because to think that I could ever be anything other than proud of you is unthinkable. I only hope that someday I will ask you that question and your answer will be an undoubted 'yes'. That will truly be the happiest day of my life. 


I love you always and forever.


x Your Mummy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...