Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Musings: My Five Day Weekend...

                                                              Source: my-mind-rules.tumblr.com via Belinda on Pinterest

My five day weekend is just about to come to a close and I wish it would go on forever! Isn't it just the greatest feeling when you have a stretch of days ahead of you where you don't have to contemplate work and it feels like you have all the time in the world? That's how I felt for the past five days. As you'll remember from my posts last week, I was about to lose my mind. Thankfully, my sanity has been restored and I feel in a much better place to be able to tackle work and daily life again.

I did manage to have some naps and actually relax but I was also able to balance this out with a bit of Autumn cleaning. Closet, culled and cleaned. Pantry, cleaned. Sheets washed. Collection of magazines, gone. Those things that have been hanging over my head have been tackled and it feels like a weight has been lifted. I've had a good dose of family time, on both my Mum and Dad's sides, which was great. I am so lucky to have family who are always there for me and who never fail to make me laugh. And my little man has been an angel which is also a bonus. In addition to all these happenings I visited a second hand bookstore to stock up on things to read, watched movies, did some drawing, read a magazine in the sun at the park and went for a run. All in all, a very good five days and I am extremely grateful for them and everything and everyone that was in them!


"Ten Thousand flowers in spring
The moon in autumn
A cool breeze in summer
Snow in winter
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things
This is the best season of your life."

Wu-Men

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...