Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Soul: What I Love About Being Your Mumma...


Seeing your beaming face running towards me when I arrive at Kindy each afternoon.

Playing soccer and football with you in the park.

Reading stories to you every night before bed.

Tucking your covers in, in the middle of the night and hearing your little voice, still half asleep, saying "Thank you for that Mummy."

Visiting the horsies every Wednesday morning before daycare and we say "Good morning honey" to all of our favourites.

Holding you over the bathroom sink so you you can spit out the toothpaste.

Listening to John Mayer and sing along together in the car (and you tell me John Mayer is the Karate Kids dad - I've given up trying to explain that just because a John Mayer song is played in the latest Karate Kid movie doesn't automatically equate to a father son relationship or that it is a biological impossibility).

Giving each other butterfly kisses.

Having to do a run up before you enter or exit the lift every time we use it.

Watching you give the money to the man in the petrol station and say 'thank you' - which always results in you being given a treat of some kind because the man thinks you are adorable.

Hearing your little voice yelling "Go Mummy" when you watch me play hockey.

You bringing me home sticks from Kindy and give them to me as presents.

You sneaking into my room in the wee hours of the morning and ask if you can get into my bed.

You hiding behind my seat in the car and 'scaring' me each time we get in (I tell you I am now the master of faking being scared).

Looking at you and marveling at how I could have had a hand in creating someone so amazing.

Thank you little man for choosing me to be your Mumma. As we always say, "I love you more than the whole wide world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...