Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings: "Ughhh" Be Gone...

                                                                      Source: blogs.prevention.com via Belinda on Pinterest

"Ughhh".

Yep, that's the best word to sum up how I'm feeling right now. Just ughhh. Nothing feels right and I can't shift the anxiousness and frustration. I've lost my patience and perspective and I'm tired of it.

So..... it's time to employ some strategies to get my world back into balance.

Be Present:
At work and especially at home I'm committing to being present (Bailey is currently going through a swearing and rudeness phase that is driving me insane). When I'm at home I'm often trying to do 5 things at once which is stressing me out and making it harder to deal with everything. My intuition is telling me to just let everything else drop for the moment and to just focus on Bailey when I'm at home. It's hard to do this because I feel guilty if that means I can't be there for other people in my life, or can't do things that I feel I need to be doing for me. I think this week, however, I just need to accept that this is what's going on right now and my energy needs to be directed and focused on just being with him. I'm also going to keep reminding myself that this 'phase' will pass.

Do Yoga:
For 20 minutes when I first get home to help me transition from the workday and be grounded for the evening at home. If I ground myself I have more chance of remaining calm in the face of any 'trying' 4 year behaviours!

Exercise:
The power of endorphins and fresh air cannot be underestimated and I know it always has a positive effect on me. Last week I trained a little too hard so this week it will be some leisurely lunchtime runs to clear my head, plus my hockey training and weekly game for the endorphin hits.

Do Things That Make My Heart Sing: 
Listen to music at work and home, watch The Voice or a few shows that I enjoy, read, write, spend quality time with Bailey, see my extended family members on the weekend and anything else that my heart is drawn to in the week.

Energy Healing:
Last week I said I would meditate but I struggled big time. I ran from the discomfort and let my 'busy mind' distract me. This week I'm going to use some guided meditations to assist me and help me focus. I bought a really cute little rose quartz ball to hold while I meditate so I'm looking forward to using that. I'm also thinking about checking in with my healing angel KJ. I haven't seen her for a while but every now and then  it's so helpful to receive some guidance and outside perspective.

My heart and soul know that I'm being tested right now in regards to my manifesting abilities. I started really focusing on manifesting what I want to come next in my life a few weeks ago, but I sense I've been de-railed by my fear. The old chestnut of letting fear sneak in and my ego questioning whether I'm ever going to see the fruits of my desires and manifesting. My self-esteem and faith have been battered a little but I know the only answer is to be persistent and believe, believe, believe.....

Ughhhh be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...