Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Musings: Wizards, Parties and Pride...

                                                                 Source: vintagerosegarden.tumblr.com via Belinda on Pinterest

Yesterday Bailey and I went to the party of a little friend of his, Marcel, who was celebrating his 3rd birthday (I know, Marcel, how cute right? His mother is French and the 3 siblings all speak English and fluent French). It was my first kids party as a single parent. I admit I had moments of feeling a little out of place with all the couples there and pangs of sadness being in a family home with a mum and dad and 3 kids (and thinking about the fact that Bailey doesn't have this). But I just let those feelings sit there, acknowledged them and then let them go. I'm so glad I didn't dwell on them because I would have missed out on the joy of watching Bailey have such a lovely time. I was so proud of how polite he was, and how well he adapted to being the only child there from Marcel's daycare amidst family friends who had known each other for years. The look of joy on his face when the Wizard turned up was priceless and he was so excited by absolutely everything.

We have our hard moments but for the majority of my days right now I spend my time marveling at how lucky I am and enjoying spending every minute I can with Bailey. Being single in many ways allows me to focus much more attention on Bailey in these special early years than I probably could if I was trying to juggle a new romantic relationship as well. (I definitely want that for myself but I can appreciate it all happening in good time and being grateful for what I have right now).

And to top off the pride I feel in my little man, a father at daycare came up to my car window this afternoon, who I had met once or twice before and went out of his way to tell me that I must be doing something right because Bailey is such a lovely, polite boy who always says hello to him.

There is nothing more that a mother could hope for.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...