Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Musings: Lighting The Spark...

Source: google.com via Laura on Pinterest

This past weekend I managed to flip the switch somewhat on the frustration I had been feeling and referred to in my post on Saturday. I found a trusted soul to help me work through the feelings and create some action steps to move forward (thanks KJ, you're always my 'go to' gal). We were able to establish that what I really needed to inject into my life was something to excite me, that will occur in the next month or so. Whilst I had created some space and filled my intention list for the year with lots of space, down time, yoga, meditation etc, I'm not a person who thrives or works well with nothing on the immediate horizon. This 'something' definitely needed to be in the artistic or creative realm because that is what I feel my heart and spirit is being drawn to. So we narrowed it down to signing up for an art class or a creative writing group. Within 24 hours of this discussion I had signed up for a 4 week creative writing course that starts in April! I just decided to stop pondering and do what needed to be done.

Almost instantly I felt better. It's the committing to something that is slightly outside my comfort zone, something that will put me in contact with like-minded people, something that I haven't done before and something that will allow me to learn some new skills. All of which light a spark inside and that feeling of anticipation that makes me excited for what's to come. And what I need to remember is to push myself to do those things consistently. To not let fear or thoughts of not having money to do things hold me back.  Next stop, an art class in June. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...