Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: All I Know...

                                                        Source: thegirlwiththepearlbracelet.tumblr.com via Belinda on Pinterest


All I know is that this week yoga is saving me. I am having a week where I feel extremely low physically and mentally. Usually if I'm feeling down and can't shake it, I'll go for a run to just clear my mind and get the endorphins flowing, but I'm still not 100% so running is not a good idea when your body feels as though it is running on empty. Doing nothing, however, has not been an option particularly for my mind. So each evening I have clung to yoga. Nothing strenuous, but it has been my saviour. For the 20-30 mins each night, it has grounded me. It has been such a relief to feel that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from being kind to myself. From giving myself some period of time to stop the thoughts and feelings and be in the moment. And I don't know what I would have done without it. The nightly ritual of lighting the candle and doing my yoga in the lounge room before bed has been my anchor. So for that I say a very heart felt "Thank you, thank you, thank you". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...