Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: The Love Of My Life...



The greatest thing about the lightness I feel right now is the effect it has on my relationship with the gorgeous little man in the photo above (isn't he so squinchy? that's my word for so adorable you just want to eat him up!). My current life circumstances allow me to be present when I am with him, which is so important to me. The time goes so fast and before I know it he will be at school and not wanting to talk to me or hang out. So I am acutely aware of making the most of every moment I have with him, and I am very grateful for this. One of the hardest things about being a mother or parent is the juggling act - of trying to keep all the balls in the air. Work and family are probably the biggest ones for me and I have made a conscious choice this year to choose a job that allows my focus in non-work hours to be entirely on my little man, my home or whatever it is that I am doing. Financially this will most likely not be something I can sustain for years on end and no doubt my ambition will kick back in and take me to something else job wise in the future. But right now, I have created a scenario that seems to allow me to keep the balls in the air in a way that seems to work best - for myself and, in turn, the love of my life. And for that I feel extremely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...