Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Musings: My Friend Ange...

                                                         Source: sweetcoloredphotographs.tumblr.com via Belinda on Pinterest


Tonight I absolutely cannot go to bed without writing this post about my friend, Ange. The term 'friend' doesn't seem to do her justice because she is so many things to me and that word alone doesn't seem enough. She is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, my soul sister. Of all the people I have been blessed to meet in my life, she is one who the universe brought to me at the perfect time and who did not just cross my path due to some random twist of fate. We have known each other since I started working at lululemon in July 2009, although we only crossed paths briefly then, as she moved to a different store. As it happened, the following year I ended up managing the store she was at and so our real friendship started. I actually believe that she was the primary reason the universe guided me to manage the one store I never envisaged myself going to (due to its geographic location being the furthest from where I lived). At any rate, I ended up there and now I can't even imagine not having made that move and having this amazing woman in my life.

We have both had very different lives and experienced very different ups and downs, highs and lows. But where we both are in our life journey's right now is so similar (except that I have a 3 year old and she doesn't and she lives in Tasmania and does crazy things like kayak in freezing rivers and I don't!). In particular, its where we are in our journeys of finding out who we are and being true to ourselves above all else where we are so uncannily in the same place. And I feel so blessed to have this 'sister' by my side because, pardon my French, this shit ain't easy.....  Holding yourself accountable to being the best 'you' that you can be, trying to work through 34 years (ok Ange, I'll pay you your 33 years and 8 months) of experiences and baggage and trying to carve out a life where you are genuinely happy and fulfilling your responsibilities is something you have to work at each and every day. I wouldn't change any of it for anything in the world and I believe I am exactly where I need to be, but it makes the world of difference to have someone by your side who ALWAYS has your back. Who holds you up when you need it, who challenges you and doesn't let you get away with stuff, who reminds you of the goodness in life and yourself when you can't see it, who can quote Steel Magnolia's and laugh about anything and everything with you and who, most importantly, just 'gets' you. 

Ange, from the bottom of my heart and soul, I am so so so so so grateful that the universe brought you to me. You truly are a very special woman who shines the brightest light on every person you meet. Even though we are geographically a ridiculous amount of km's apart, our bond seems to be getting stronger and stronger. I cannot imagine how I would have survived the past year and a half without you. In every area of my life, you have provided me with wise words, hugs, laughter and hope and I can never thank you enough. Your bravery, honesty, passion and compassion for others inspires me each and every day and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you to pieces dude! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...