Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Lightness of being.....

                                                                           Source: pixdaus.com via Belinda on Pinterest



I am currently very aware of a feeling of lightness. This is in stark contrast to this time last year, or even a few months ago. My perspective on my life and how it needs to look has definitely shifted and I am in a place of acceptance. This acceptance certainly took some time to arrive at and I've struggled considerably with letting go of certain elements. For the most part, however, I am allowing things to come, rather than pushing. Instead of having my head constantly in the future, I am being present and staying in the now. When I feel uncomfortable or stressed by anything, I am much more conscious of just sitting with the feeling, accepting it is there and understanding that it will pass. It doesn't mean that I never feel bad, sad, angry or any other similar emotions - but I don't allow them to completely overwhelm me or affect my life to the extent that I might have before.

I know that the way my life looks now is not how it will look forever, but for now, its great.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful feeling to finally experience again. That is the way of life, isn't it? Light, dark, light, dark, but my oh my, girl, enjoy this lightness!!! You deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...