Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Fire Snake...

                                                                             Source: lionbrand.com via Katy on Pinterest

The owner of the cafe where I get my coffee gave me a book to read on Chinese Horoscopes (we got into a discussion about personalities and relationships and he whipped the book out from behind the counter). He and I are both Snakes, but when he found out I was a fire snake he said 'woah, I better watch out for you!'.


So I read up on my sign and the main things that stood out as really resonating with me were:
  • The snake is not usually plagued with pimples or blemishes even when not taking particular care of her skin. It seems that tension tends to affect the Snake's digestive and nervous systems more than his epidermis. Underneath their flawless good looks (ha, I like that part!), a good many of these natives succumb to stomach ulcers or nervous breakdowns from containing all that stress internally. (Bingo, been there got the T-Shirt!).
  • Ms Snake opts for well cut clothes and she loves high quality jewelry and perfume. (Yes, yes and yes).
  • No matter how rich or powerful her man is, she will be his biggest asset once they are married. 
  • You won't find her agonizing over women's rights. Why should she compete when she feels superior to men in the first place?
  • Very much a lady who sets her own agenda and makes her own rules, she can be a formidable opponent when challenged. 
  • All snakes have a sense of humour. Some prefer a dry wit, others are sardonic, scintillating, or, at times, even diabolical. Nonetheless its there. The best time to observe this is when she is under duress. In a crisis, even when weighed down by enormous troubles, the Snake can crack a joke to lighten the atmosphere (So true!!!!).
  • Snakes have an ability to be reborn and to emerge from conflict with restored vigor (Yep....).
  • Best partners for the Snake will be the Ox, Rooster of Dragon.
  • In times of confusion and trouble, the Snake is a pillar of strength because she maintains presence of mind. The snake can deal with bad news and misfortune with great aplomb. She has a profound sense of responsibility and an unsinkable constancy of purpose. If these are coupled with her natural hypnotic charisma, she can reach the highest realms of power.
  • Being a fire snake, I am passionate, ambitious, exude self confidence and have an ability to lead.
  • I was born in the hours of the Dragon which brings a touch of egalitarianism and philanthropy. With the combination of the Snake's wisdom and Dragon's power, I could instigate real and lasting reforms - especially since you tend to espouse mainly noble causes that benefit all humanity. Whatever happens, my commitment is always total - whether it be for good or bad. A natural leader and inspirational speaker, you will never lack for believers (I think this is really spot on). 
  • I'm a Winter Snake so I am a guardian of wisdom and wealth. I am usually docile, peaceful and guarded in my emotions. Philosophical and patient, I am not one to venture out and court trouble. I am a more retiring snake who stays close to the bosom of Mother Earth and who relies on the tried and proven way of doing things. Still, it is never wise to take me for granted and I may not be as harmless as I look. Underneath whatever disguise I choose to assume I am still be a lethal and vindictive foe if attached (Spot on).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...